GUESTBOOK

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

IT'S TEA TIME... IN LISBON!

I like arts... no matter if they are visual, poetic or some others... I like museums... I like visiting their permanent collections, while temporary exhibitions are something I try not to miss...
In November, I visited a three-month exhibition that traced the history of tea, the world’s favourite beverage over two thousand years.
Through some 250 pieces (porcelain cups, teapots, paintings, etc) visitors discovered the virtues of the tea plant, which for a long time remained unknown to the Western population.
I believe you would have loved to see all those treasures. It's a shame my photographs didn't turn out better, but the local conditions, even concerning light, weren't photo friendly. The lotus flower teapot was wonderful but there were many others, equally original and beautiful that I didn't have conditions to photograph. The wooden sink to wash tea cups was something I had never seen before...and it was amazing!


14 comments:

  1. I can't see the slide show so ill be back. I really enjoy your pics and blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Very strange... I can see it very well. Anyway, thanks for giving me notice about it. I'll try to fix it. Godo to know you don't feel a waste of time whenever you visit my site.

      Delete
    2. CINNA... I've called one of my friends and asked him to check whether or nor he could see it, and he had no problem at all...
      Hope you'll see it well if you come back on here...

      Delete
    3. Belita, I think Marci often logs on from a mobile device, so that may be the reason she couldn't see it. She'll probably try again when she is home.

      Delete
  2. Since my friend has half Japanese with half Chinese life style, these photos are not foreign to me.
    When I am alone, I have German coffee to start a day; with her, I have either Japanese Macha green tea or Chinese Oolong green tea.
    Thanks a lot for this slide show.

    Have a lovely rest of your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see... I can't have Macha tea, green tea, either, unless I want them to be like alarm clocks which I really need not...

      Delete
  3. A fascinating exhibition. Something I would have liked to see myself. The photographic conditions may not have been ideal, but you still got some great shots!! I would be even more interested in an exhibition about coffee and its roots and history :-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. For at least half a year I have become a tea drinker. Mainly thorugh health reasons as I just cannot digest coffee any more. When I do something I do it 200%, so have really gone into detail. Start the day with an english breakfast tea, lunchtime - a Lady Grey, and evening something completely different, at the moment ginger and lemon. Tey is so interesting, I would have loved to have visited that exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can just imagine how in awe you were! Very interesting! My favourite is image number 17, the white teapot with small flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can almost smell fragrant tea brewing...very soothing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting. We have a wonderful history museum in the near by town. We are so bad about not attending events. We need to start doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks all for the visit and comments dropped. It's always rewarding when we post and notice that the time spent with the editing hasn't been a waste of effort.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this would have been very interesting... I love some teas but have to be very careful of caffeine ~ but that does not stop me! lol... your pictures tell a good story already, but I would have enjoyed this too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your slide show is really amazing...well done Belita...

    ReplyDelete